In my role as a proponent of positive student learning outcomes I have accomplished the following:
• conducted online orientations for students new to the electronic learning environment using web conferencing software
• created and developed a student orientation course (OL101WB) in which new students participated in a short “how to” online instruction to become familiar with the various tools used in a technological learning environment, by practicing with each tool and interacting with me as a facilitator
• created guidelines for students and distributed them to instructors about the differences between learning through technology and learning face-to-face.
• informed students about the online help desk services and other resources available for them; collaborated with colleagues to increase support for online learners
• created various aides on how to use the learning tools in a learning management system